Senior Data Analyst
The Nursery Research and Planning is a full-service market research company specialising in brand strategy, experience and communications. We utilise a range of qualitative and quantitative research methods alongside cutting edge data analytics. Our client base is made up of famous brands across a wide range of sectors including FMCG, financial, automotive, leisure and healthcare.
The Nursery’s mission is to continue to be one of the best regarded research companies in the UK through delivering research to help brands grow and glow.
Our core values centre around the integrity and quality of our research, our smart and experienced interpretation and our commitment to nurturing both our people and our client partnerships.
We re looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join our close knit, friendly team, working together to achieve great results for a large variety and range of brands. This person would ideally have at least 3 years market research or related field experience.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, takes on responsibility and has a real interest and passion for brands and advertising. Good communication skills are a must.
You will be assisting on projects which are solely data based as well as using survey data across a range of sectors with a wide range of brands. You will need to be able to work flexibly to tight deadlines when required.
You will be contributing to projects from commission to completion, assisting in the design and analysis of projects which have an analytical component or are exclusively analytic based. You will work closely with and advise colleagues on the appropriate deployment of techniques such as segmentation and driver analysis. An interest in developing machine learning techniques and would be beneficial. A team player who will be able to use standard marketing techniques as well as developing and finding novel applications for more advanced analytic approaches. You will be working not only as a part of an analytics team, but as an integrated part of the wider market research team.
· Working with the data science team to design market research projects with an analytic component (e.g. driver analysis, segmentation, conjoint)
· Performing cleaning and analysis of survey data according to project need – from simple tables to more complex explorations
· Able to read and respond to client briefs (both internally and externally)
· Demonstrates a willingness to work co-operatively with others for the overall benefit of the company
· Communicates with clients and colleagues in a confident and articulate manner and adds intelligent and useful contributions to debriefs
· Strong user of R
· Knowledge of Python or SQL would be beneficial
· Strong user of MS Excel, and comfortable with MS PowerPoint
· Ideally some experience of data visualisation (e.g. R shiny, Dash, Tableau)
· A strong working knowledge of analytical techniques within primary research, such as segmentation
· A good grounding in wider data science techniques and analysis of a variety of different data sets will be an advantage
· Able to identify stories in the data to deliver insights rather than just analytical models or techniques - to project findings into business ready metrics
· Working knowledge of natural language processing or text analytics would be beneficial
Life’s a little different at The Nursery. We are a community of Partners and our structure means that everyone is a co-owner of the business and invested in our future. Community to us means that every single person at The Nursery is fundamental to our culture, our thinking and ultimately our success. People are what makes any company, we don’t just help brands grow, we help our people grow too by nurturing talent and embracing our differences.
We are committed to promoting a fair, equal, and inclusive environment that everyone has the opportunity to learn and strive in.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and an email cover letter to email@example.com